Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Does this make me a blogger?

Okay, so I am completely not qualified to have my own "blog", but I thought this would be a great way for friends & family to keep up to date with our wedding news, events, and everyday fun wedding planning stories.

For the most part, developing this blog is just a way for me to keep all of the day to day memories fresh in my mind so when wedding planning becomes stressful, I can look back and see all of the great events that have happened.

Can someone tell me why the first thing that comes out of everyone's mouth the moment I tell them I am engaged is, "so when is the date". I hadn't even had a chance to digest the whole being engaged feeling, when every family member was pressuring Seth and I to pick a date. We don't officially have a date yet, but are thinking the middle to end of May 2010.

Why wait so long you might ask? Well if you know me, I am a planner. I like to plan things and really want to enjoy this time and not feel rushed. I know Seth and I are going to be together forever so I am not stressed at all.

Looking to the future, I know this blog won't be the place you come to get great insight into wonderful writing, rather just my thoughts on the entire wedding process.

I encourage my friends to make fun of me and the blog at all times.

Shout out to Jane (my friend Brinkley's mom with the best blog ever) http://www.lifeinthepitt.blogspot.com/

Till next time............

5 comments:

  1. Cool, I am your first commenter!! Congrats Chris and welcome to the world of blogging. I have been blogging since we decided to adopt and that was almost 4 years ago.

    I actually have 3 blogs; one is my public blog about our lives, one is a diet blog that I share with about 12 friends and one is a private blog that I share with three other women where we can vent to our hearts content. Again, welcome to the blogisphere ;0)

    Check us out at www.stressisthenewblack.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. oops...I forgot to let you know that your first commenter is your cousin Lori!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm in the same boat--I've been engaged to Aaron for like 6 months or so and everyone keeps asking when we are getting married. The thing is that we are getting married when we can afford it so setting a date is a sort of difficult thing. We live together anyways, so I don't see the hurry. Congrats...I have bridal magazines if you want some :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations!!! I cannot wait to see you and Seth in DC. You can bring the right left.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this!! It's great. Just don't have cameras following you around. You two are so much fun! I'm living vicariously thru your adventures. so here's my unsolicited advice after 21 years of marriage and still madly in love. Always laugh together, speak your truth, agree to disagree, and be best friends. Ask people to be in your wedding as soon as the ring is on your finger and let it be YOUR day.. your dreams.. your memories.
    Wishing you all the best.
    Cathy Rosenberg

    ReplyDelete