Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Most magical weekend

This past weekend Seth and I revisited the Homestead in Hot Springs, VA. For those of you who have never heard of the Homestead, you are not alone. The Homestead is a "diamond in the rough". Located four hours southwest(very west) of Washington, DC. Just think "Great Gatsby" meets "Dirty Dancing". Extremely old school feel, with the amenities of a luxury hotel. I took Seth there this past weekend as part of his Christmas present.

Apology ahead of time if I sound as if I am bragging, but how is it possible that even though Seth and I have been together for five years, everyday with him feels like the first. I still get butterflies in my stomach when I am near him and still wake up every morning pinching myself. This weekend was so magical. We are the very best of friends so we rarely ever get tired of one another.

Not sure what was so magical about the whole weekend, but it was. Plus this was our first time being there as an engaged couple. I can't quite explain what it feels like to be engaged other than I want to tell everyone, anyone who is willing to listen. Doesn't matter if you were the housekeeper, front desk clerk, or random waitresses, I was telling everyone this weekend that we were engaged!!!!

Overall I just feel truly blessed and hopefully this weekend when I go home to Florida I will actually have a breather to start planning.

Thank Heaven for Fairytales, because they do come true.

No comments:

Post a Comment